Consolidated Electrical Distributors Senior Accountant in Irving, Texas
Job title: Senior Accountant
Job ID: 202096130001
Department: General Ledger Accounting
Our Senior Accountant requiresstrong accounting, quantitative, and analytical skills and the ability to applythose skills within the role. You willwork independently (or with minimal supervision) to identify issues and takeinitiative for process improvement and problem resolution.
Reports to: Accounting Manager
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
· 3-5+ years of experience in an accounting or finance environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of an organization
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, and Outlook
· Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
· Proficiency in Microsoft Access and Dynamics AX
This position operates in aprofessional office environment which may require sitting for extended periods.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Essential Job Functions:
· Maintain a customer-oriented focus while meetingdeadlines
· Review general ledger and financial statements foraccuracy
· Participate in monthly close process, including preparingjournal entries, accruals, overhead allocations, etc.
· Prepare bank and balance sheet reconciliations
· Assist with acquisition accounting, including recordingpurchase price adjusting entries, intercompany accounting with wholly owned subsidiaries, and preparing schedules for final settlementsdue to/from sellers
· Assist with external audits, including financialstatement and tax audits
· Provide guidance and review work of other staff
· Assist the Accounting Manager with other assignments andad hoc projects as needed
CED is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability | Veteran